I recently completed a phenomenal graduate course in creativity and innovation. One of our last assignments was to list 150 creative things we’d like to do. Yes, 150. The assignment, thankfully, was broken into two — 50 items first, 100 second. Coming up with the 50 items for my creative bucket list #1 was easy, the additional 100 took some deep thinking. I thought I’d share a few items from the first list and yes, I’ve started on some. I don’t know if I’ll get thru the 50 or even the entire bucket list of 150, but it’s always there and waiting for me.
This was an interesting creative exercise that incorporated brainstorming, free thinking, letting go of limits, boundaries and excuses. What would be on your creative bucket list?
No judging now! And yes, I mean it. (If you actually do read the list, you’ll notice what I’ve started!).
1. Learn a new style of painting
2. Start a new blog about personal styling for the curvy woman , CurvyGalFashion, coming soon!
3. Learn Arabic
4. Visit Lebanon
5. Start an Instragram account for vevelicious
6. Apply for more art exhibitions in a wider geographical area
7. Watch more foreign films
8. Learn how to make a video
9. Write my memoir
10. Learn how to use an electric drill
11. Learn, or actually relearn, French
12. Volunteer internationally
13. Obtain a MFA in painting
14. Learn how to cook Greek food
15. Learn how to use a food processor
Written by Ms. Renee Vevea, who is always on a quest to finish any list.