I like Fridays. Actually I love Fridays. Friday is my favorite day of the week and always has been since I was a kid. Some people prefer Saturdays or the weekends. I don’t know anyone who picks Monday as their favorite day. I’ve even come up with nicknames for a few days of the week:
Wednesday: affectionally called HUMP DAY
Thursday: is my FRIDAY EVE
Friday: my FAVORITE day of the week
Saturday & Sunday: BONUS days!
Monday: Really, do I have to get out of bed and be somewhere by 8am, really? NOT A FAV
Why else do I like Fridays? Let’s see.…
1. It’s payday — gotta love money
2. It’s casual day at work — throw on jeans and I’m ready to go
3. I can stay up late on Friday night because I don’t set the alarm on Saturday!
4. There’s a perky song called Friday — give it a listen (and when I say perky, I mean downright obnoxiously perky)
5. What’s better than a movie called Friday — “a 1995 stoner comedy-drama-buddy film” — perfect. Okay, so it got shitty reviews, but hey, it’s Friday.
6. You can eat at T.G.I.Fridays and fit in with the TGIF wait staff by wearing all types of ridiculous pins — I dare you.
7. Because of #1 above, I treat myself and go out to eat with friends.
8. And because of #2 above I don’t need to change to enjoy #7 — a two for one.
9. Adding #1, #2, #7 and #8 leads me to much more enjoy #3 It all adds up — Fridays are the best!
What’s your favorite day of the week?
Written by Ms. Renee Vevea, who would like every day to be Friday — if only.